Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Grandparents

I recently got back from visiting my family and friends down in San Diego (and got a nice little break from the cold weather too). While I was down there I also paid a visit to my Grandparents which I always look forward to. At 93 and 92 years of age they are still very much with it and live alone in the same house they've lived in for 40+ years. I also never get tired of using them for portrait studies, so while messing around in my studio with colored pencils a couple months ago I produced these two drawings.

I especially like the way this one turned out and I may turn it into a full scale painting.


I also gave them a copy of the Advanced Style Coloring Book, and a box of colored pencils. I hope they actually end up coloring in it; I'd love to see what they come up with. 

My Grandfather doing his best to hide his pride. 


No comments:

Post a Comment