Wednesday, March 13, 2013

E.T.(ree's Lounge)

"I haven't phoned home in years. Don't think I have one to go back to."

Remember that ultra depressing Steve Buscemi movie from the 90s (Tree's Lounge) where he plays an alcoholic? As I sat down to draw E.T. last night, like I sometimes do, I realized that he started resembling a down on his luck Steve Buscemi, so I gave him a cigarette a blue background to complete the scene. 

It sure was a nice break to draw something quick and fun since the majority of the work I've been doing the past few months has been so precise and line based. Hoping to do more like this in the future of some of my other favorite creatures. Any suggestions?

1 comment:

  1. how about someone from the mcdonaldland cast of misfits? the grimace? fry guys? maybe even that weird bird lady?

    ReplyDelete