Monday, August 19, 2013

Birthday Portraits


Yesterday was my grandfather's 93rd birthday, so I figure that's a good enough excuse to break me out of my posting slump. Here's a recent watercolor sketch I did of him that I think turned out well.

This past weekend was the one year anniversary party for the art studio collective I belong to in N. Portland, Civilian Studios. It began with open studios and ended with bands playing/partying. Thanks to everyone who came out and said hello! I'm so used to my studio being a solitary place that it was definitely nice to be able to share it with other people and talk a little bit about my work.

I'm also quite excited that the Advanced Style Coloring Book will be coming out in just 2 short weeks! They'll be stocking it at local boutique Flutter on N. Mississippi St. and I'll be having an art show there to coincide with an opening on Thursday, September 12th. Mark your calendars and come on out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment