Saturday, November 2, 2013

Pumpkin the Third

Yeah that's right, I carved a third pumpkin this year. If you follow my blog you probably know that for the last four years I've carved "celebrity tribute" pumpkins; i.e. pumpkins in the likeness of a celebrity who has passed within the last year. The first was Michael Jackson back in 2009. Then came Dennis Hopper, followed by Macho Man Randy Savage. Then finally last year I payed tribute to one of my favorite illustrators, Maurice Sendak.

This year I decided to go with film critic Roger Ebert, known as the partner of Gene Siskel in their television show "At the Movies with Siskel and Ebert."


The day I carved this I learned that Marcia Wallace, the voice talent behind Edna Krabappel on the Simpsons passed away. Then the next day we lost Lou Reed. Both would have been fine candidates for my celebrity pumpkin tribute, but at that point I was pumpkined OUT. Perhaps next year.

What do you say? Would you give this Pumpkin a thumbs up or thumbs down?


No comments:

Post a Comment