Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Stylin'


I've been experimenting with different styles these days, which also means revisiting some old styles. One common misconception about art is that every artist has one distinct voice, but the truth is that art is never a stagnant thing. It's always moving around and changing. A single piece of art has the possibility of going in a hundred different directions and who knows if the final product is the best incarnation of that idea? I'm constantly struggling with which direction to go in in my art, which probably accounts for the erratic nature of some of the pieces you see on this blog. Sometimes you just want to do it all!

Above is a drawing of a friend of mine from a photo I took over four years ago. If you're curious, here are some drawings I was thinking about when I did this one.


No comments:

Post a Comment